Thursday, September 12, 2013

My heart vs. My skin.

Written on Facebook 8.30.13

Friday Fact.

Let me share an insight to me. I only share in this because oddly enough after moving to a city that is very liberal, I have learned that even in that people are still very quick to judge who you are and doubly so because I am a Christian. I am merely sharing today.

Point in case. There are all walks of life that have tattoos and all kinds of people that choose to get ink. This of course is including myself as you know. Its a known fact, I don't hide them nor do in any event try to show them off (unless of course people want to see them and talk about them). What you may not know, is that even though I have them doesn't put me in to any "category" or "group" of those that choose to have them.

I also am a Christian (not a religious person they are not one in the same). A fact, I will never hide. Call me what you will, but I walk daily because I choose too and I know Jesus, we're pretty tight. I know what scripture says. I have read and had more discussions than I thought possible on being a Christian that chooses to have tattoos.

I have tattoos because I do. I dig ink, like the fact I can put memories, people, things, and events that are special to me in ink. I do not regret one single tattoo that I have ever gotten, in case your wondering and I'm not gonna burn in hell either. I am among many who choose to get inked. There is nothing special about me just because I have them..

But.. Let me share with you that I am special and each of you are too. Why am I? Because I am a complex, unique, pick up your cross daily, in your face, joyful, sinner saved by grace, passionate, energetic, loveable, girl that's why.

I am special not because of my ink, but because I am me!

So yeah I have tattoos and even more so I am a Christian. Both of which are a part of who I am, but neither of those are cause for judgement because well.. no one has that right, only Jesus does. When I get to Heaven you can best believe He's gonna be looking in to my heart not my ink. Because what's in my heart is a real, raw, honest, of a fallen girl who's got a heart after the one and only Jesus and that's a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be blessed today!