Thursday, September 12, 2013

Intro.


Maybe it is because someone suggested it. Or maybe its just plain time to start opening my trap and actually sharing with a voice, my world in which I live in. That's a world filled with many complex things but the main thing is my faith. I need to talk about my faith. I desire to talk about my faith. I am that much in love with Jesus and let me tell ya, that's a serious love! I want to share what God puts on my heart. You know that deep down, meat & potatoes faith stuff that we're supposed to have. Well I digress, not everyone is at the meat & potatoes stage and that's okay... I wasn't and am not too.


I need to make a couple things clear so I can get this out of the way. I am just a real Christian (you know the water-walkin, pickin up my cross daily kinda thing), like the millions out there. I am not special (except to Jesus and a few people that would tell you that I am) I don't have it right. I get things wrong. My beliefs may not be yours. My opinions may not be yours. And I can't write well at all (but I don't particularly care either). Not only do I not write fluidly, all those English peeps are cringing each time they may read too. I'm also kinda flighty and all over the place when I write. But that's when I'm doing it and when Jesus isn't. There is a huge difference and if you read this blog much at all, you'll be able to tell the difference. So it is just what it is. How it comes out, is well how my mind thinks. And that in part, makes me, me. 

To start off with, let me share about myself.  The boring kinda stuff that will be intertwined with this blog and you may think about who I am. Who they are and stuff like that.

I'm Elizabeth. I've been a Christian for 15 years. I don't claim a denomination because I don't feel the need too. I read from the NIV because I bought my bible in 1995 when I was flat broke and Dayv (my ex husband who is still a very good friend) didn't want me buying it. We didn't even have groceries and I bought this bible that was like 85 bucks. I love that thing. It makes me smile just writing about it that's how much I love it. I choose to pick up my cross daily. And this blog is about Jesus (ya know the one that's a Jew. Which means of course he isn't blond haired and blue eyed. Sorry to shatter that image of the Jesus hanging on your wall, but good on you for having him there! To me he couldn't be.)

Okay. So I'm married, just recently so. My guy has a son who is now my step-son, he's 14. And I've got a daughter and she's 16. I live in Seattle. I feel blessed to have a blended family. I want a dog. I like red. I wear converse. And I am tatted up. 

Okay that's prolly good enough.  I recently wrote 2 posts on FB and took over FB prolly annoying a lot of peeps with writing. But peeps post stuff on there all the time and it is a springboard actually to the start of this and one of my friends suggested it as I said.  So here we are. You and me. I invite you to pull up a chair, drink of your choice, and join me on one of the most important things I'll ever do. My walk with God.

6 comments:

  1. Love it (and you)! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Tabitha! Super proud of you taken your health back!!

      Delete
  2. those FB posts didn't bother me any!!! :) keep them coming!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing Arlene!!! Fellow sister in Christ and friend!!
      e.

      Delete

Be blessed today!